My last post, on Turmeric, was so long, I couldn’t even get through it all. I guess I thought I was writing a college paper. But in all seriousness, there is so much information, it was hard to condense. But I’m going to try now. Please refer back to here for the detailed content.
Research shows :
- Slowed Tumor Growth
- Decreased Spread of Cancer Cells
- Cancer Cell (Death)
- Decrease Size & Number of Pre-Cancerous Lesions in Intestinal Tract
- We don’t absorb it well
- We metabolize it Fast
- Our body eliminates it quickly
Ways to Increase Absorption
- Adding Biperine– extracted from Black Pepper- some studies show increase absorption by 1.5 fold
- Adding Phospholids– studies show increase absorption by 3.4 fold
- Micro emulsion system of curcumin,-which consists of Capryol 90 (oil), Cremophor RH40 (surfactant), and Transcutol P aqueous solution (co-surfactant)Emulsions- increase absorption by 22.6 fold
- Curcumin with a micellar surfactant (polysorbate) shown to increase the absorption of curcumin in mice 9.0-fold
- Polylactic-co-glycolic acid (PLGA) and PLGA-polyethylene glycol (PEG) (PLGA-PEG) blend nanoparticles increased curcumin absorption by 15.6- and 55.4-fold, respectively, compared to an aqueous suspension of curcumin in rats .
Best Companies (in my opinion)
- 1st place OminActive (CurcuWIN-Can’t find where this is available yet). This was the winner that increases bioavailablity by use of a molecular dispersion process hydrophilic carrier, cellulosic derivatives and natural antioxidants
- 2nd place Indena ( Meriva) uses phospholipids and a technology called phytosome THORNE RESEARCH – Meriva-SR – 120ct [Health and Beauty]
- 3rd place Europharma (BCM- 95) micronizes Curcumin powder and uses turmeric oil EuroPharma – Terry Naturally CuraMed with BCM-95 750 mg. – 60 Softgels
- 4th place Sabinsa Curcumin – As far as I can see the product used was C3 Reduct ingredient standardized . Their original product uses C3 with Bioperine (extract from Black Pepper which enhances absorption. Doctor’s Best Curcumin C3 Complex with BioPerine (500 Mg), Capsules, 120-Count
Other Top Products:
*Longvida uses lipid-based forms of curcumin to increase the bioavailability.
Go here for the study: Longvida Study
*Theracumin– they increase bioavailability by decreasing the particle size to 0.19 to 0.3 μm—a reduction of over 100 times.
I hope this helps with slimming down the previous post. Again, please go here for detailed information.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Please consult your healthcare practitioner before taking any medication or health supplements.
I encourage you to always research before you buy supplement or attempt to treat any illness. Always consult your healthcare practitioner.
*This site contains affiliate links. That means that when you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a commission. However, the amount that you pay will not change.